- Harrison Steel
- DPhil Candidate in Engineering Science, University of Oxford
- Department of Engineering Science
- Control Group
- St John's College
- General Sir John Monash Scholarship
I am a DPhil (PhD) Candidate supervised by Prof. Antonis Papachristodoulou in the Department of Engineering Science at the University of Oxford. I am supported by the 2016 Roden Cutler General Sir John Monash Scholarship. My research focuses on the application of control engineering to Synthetic Biology, which involves designing and implementing new biological systems which draw parallel with common themes from control theory (such as negative feedback loops). Prior to my studies at Oxford I obtained a Bachelor of Mechanical (Space) Engineering and Bachelor of (Advanced) Science from the University of Sydney.
- Biological Control Systems
- Mathematical Modelling of Biological Systems
- Development of Experimental Hardware for Life Sciences Research
- Space Science
- If you cannot access to the online version of a paper, please feel free to email me (email@example.com).
- T. Folliard, B. Mertins, H. Steel, T.P. Prescott, T. Newport, C.W. Jones, G. Wadhams, T. Bayer, J.P. Armitage, A. Papachristodoulou, L.J. Rothschild Ribo-attenuators: novel elements for reliable and modular riboswitch engineering, Scientific Reports, 2017(Accepted for publication).
- T. Folliard, H. Steel, T.P. Prescott, L.J. Rothschild, A. Papachristodoulou A synthetic recombinase-based feedback loop results in robust expression, ACS Synthetic Biology, 2017 Link
- A. Aschikhin et al. The FLASHForward Facility at DESY, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, 2015. Link
- H.C.B. Steel, C.P. McKay, D.T. Andersen Modeling circulation and seasonal fluctuations in perennially ice-covered and ice-walled Lake Untersee, Antarctica, Limnology & Oceanography, 2015. Link
- H. Steel, S. Pollock, D. Lee, P. Keall, T. Kim The internal-external respiratory motion correlation is unaffected by audiovisual biofeedback, Australasian Physical & Engineering Sciences in Medicine, 2014. Link
- D. Willson, J.C. Rask, S.C. George, P. de Leon, R. Bonaccorsi, J. Blank, J. Slocombe, K. Silburn, H. Steel, M. Gargarno, C.P. McKay The performance of field scientists undertaking observations of early life fossils while in a simulated space suit, Acta Astronautica, 2013. Link
- P. Gong, H. Steel, P. Robinson, Y. Qi Dynamic patterns and their interactions in networks of excitable elements, PhysicalReview E, 2013. Link
- H. Steel & A. Papachristodoulou Feedback Control and Synthetic Biology: Constraints on Design, Proceedings of the 2017 IFAC World Congress
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department Address: Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PJ, U.K.
- College Address: St John's College, St Giles, Oxford OX1 3JP, U.K.