- Harrison Steel
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Engineering Science, University of Oxford
- Department of Engineering Science
- Control Group
- General Sir John Monash Scholarship
Since mid-2019 I have been a postdoctoral researcher in the SySOS group. Previously I completed a D.Phil in the Department of Engineering Science, supervised by Prof. Antonis Papachristodoulou and supported by the 2016 Roden Cutler General Sir John Monash Scholarship. Prior to my time in Oxford I obtained a Bachelor of Mechanical (Space) Engineering and Bachelor of (Advanced) Science from the University of Sydney.
My research focuses on interdisciplinary challenges at the interface of Control Engineering, Synthetic Biology, and Robotics. This involves designing and implementing new biological systems which draw parallel with common themes from control theory (such as negative feedback loops). Furthermore, I also develop experimental methods and technologies (such as Chi.Bio) which enable real-time in silico control of biological systems.
- Development of Synthetic Biological Control Systems
- Mathematical Modelling of Biological Systems
- "In silico" control of biological processes/systems such as Evolution and Cellular Consortia.
- Development of Experimental Hardware for Life Sciences Research
- Biomedical applications of control theory.
For updated list of publications see Google Scholar profile here.
- If you cannot access to the online version of a paper, please feel free to email me (email@example.com).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department Address: Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PJ, U.K.