Welcome to SYSOS
Revision as of 08:58, 7 May 2009 by Antonis
SySOS: Systems using Sum of Squares
We develop tools and algorithms for the scalable analysis of nonlinear system descriptions and the design of control laws using computational tools based on the Sum of Squares decomposition and Semidefinite Programming. In particular, our group concentrates on:
- Nonlinear systems analysis, Sum of Squares optimization and Lyapunov techniques. In this spirit, we have developed methods for stability analysis of systems described by Ordinary, Delay and Partial Differential Equations, with applications in Systems Biology, Population Dynamics and Engineering.
- Software Development (SOSTOOLS). This can be found here. A new version is currently under development and more examples will be added soon.
- Large-scale Networked Systems analysis with communication and structural constraints. Examples in this field come from synchronization phenomena in oscillator Networks with applications to Kuramoto couplings and synchronization of cardiac cells and Network Congestion Control for the Internet. We are looking at multi-agent systems consensus under communication and structural constraints such as the effect of time delays and switching topologies.
- Fluid mechanics and Heat transfer, from a control perspective. We are taking a control engineering approach to understand questions in Hydrodynamic Stability and mechanisms for background noise energy amplification and subsequent reduction.
- Control Theory Tools for Elucidating the Phosphotransfer Network in Rhodobacter sphaeroides: A Feasibility Study
- Oxford-Princeton Collaboration on Network Science with Professor Mung Chiang.
- European Space Agency project with GMV (Spain), NGC (Canada) and the University of Leicester, "Worst-Case and Safety Analysis Tools for Autonomous Rendezvous Systems".
- Mr Abdullah Hamadeh, March 2009-
- Mr Christoph Maier, April 2009-
- Mr Yo-Cheng (Mark) Chang - DPhil candidate co-supervised with Professor Judith Armitage, Department of Biochemistry, January 2007-
- Mr Bence Melykuti, Probationary Research Student co-supervised with Professor Alison Etheridge, Department of Statistics, January 2008-
- Mr James Anderson - Probationary Research Student, October 2008-
- Dr Mark Roberts, October 2007 - December 2008
- Dr Elias August, October 2007 - December 2008